Makes 2 cups
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (1 ¼ lb.)
- 2 Tbs. white miso paste
- 2 Tbs. lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. grated lime zest, plus more for garnish (optional)
Dinner at Cilantro on Devon in Chicago.
Tofu Satay, Curry Fried Rice, and Pineapple Curry.
Spicy pasta with pesto kale and black olives- Calamarata piccante con pesto di cavolo nero e olive nere
Anniversary Brunch at Delicious Cafe in Chicago (where we had our first date exactly 1 year ago). A cinnamon roll as big as my head, and a hummus plate.
Lunch at my still not really unpacked apartment.
Cook noodles, then melt peanut butter into the hot noodles and stir in spices and Siracha.
First day at my new apartment! and I had nothing to cook with except bisquik and a muffin tin (that I deemed breakfast worthy anyways), so I added some cocoa powder and made cocoa pancake muffins.
(preferably not on a paper plate but that’s all I had)
refilling my calorie count from my trip. I know I posted a lot of shiny meals, but I didn’t actually get very much to eat during my 10 days. So a trip to Native Foods was very much in order. “Sausage” Portobella Burger
Original Recipe here
Makes 2 cups
1. Pierce sweet potatoes with fork, and microwave 7 to 10 minutes, or until soft. (Or bake 1 hour in 400°F oven.) Cool sweet potatoes 10 minutes, or until easy to handle, and then halve and coarsely chop (leave skins on).
2. Transfer chopped sweet potatoes to food processor, add remaining ingredients, and pulse until smooth, adding up to 2 Tbs. water, if necessary to achieved desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm or at room temperature, garnished with lime zest, if using.